Himi Oil Pastel Video & Lockdown Activity
Have your tried our Himi Oil Pastels yet?
They are so smooth and buttery, and the colour palette is amazing.
Here is a fun activity from Lara Davies to keep you busy during the Lockdown 4.0. It is also great for those days when you just don't know where to start...
You will need:
- A piece of 200gsm paper something smooth works best.
- A set of Oil Pastels - I used the Himi set of 36 Oil Pastels
- A Pencil & Sharpener
- A collection of different shaped objects from around your home
- Some time
- A good playlist - (At MAS we are always listening to Triple R or PBS )
This is a FUN and relaxing activity you can do at home as a break from work, home school or just to kick start your creative day.
It’s great for both adults and kids. I hope it helps anyone stuck at home who is feeling a little stir crazy.
1. Collect objects from around your home.
2. Choose a piece of nice thick paper we recommend at least 200gsm.
3. Trace around your collected objects with a pencil onto your paper. Make sure you overlap the shapes, also make sure some of your objects go off the edges of your page.
4. Choose a limited palette from your oil pastels. Make sure your colours contrast nicely. Try and choose unexpected tones that clash.
5. Start filling in the shapes.
6. Use your pencil and re-draw a line between each shape. This is VERY satisfying with the oil pastels! You may have to clean the pencil with some a cloth between colours.
Happy colouring ....
Tag us on Instagram with your version @melbourneartsupplies